Thursday, July 30, 2009

Leaving Lights On / Leaving Doors Open

My dad often yelled at me.  In turn, I often scolded my son, Jayme.

We couldn't use the hot water when the dishwasher was on, we couldn't touch the white walls, we had to turn the lights out if we were to leave a room and all the bedroom doors needed to be closed in order to contain the heat.

When we lived in Japan, Jayme and I.  In Japan each room is either heated or air conditioned by a separate unit, we have them in America now.  There's a name for them.  It is important to keep the doors closed to retain the temperature.

I heard Jayme as he exited his bedroom.  That was door number one.  I did not hear it close.  He opened and closed the door to the toilet room, but when he opened it again, I did not hear it close.  That was door number two.  I could hear him proceeding down the hallway.  I was getting a bit worked up, "close the doors, damn it!"  I will yell at him before he goes back to his bedroom. 

I heard the opening of the door to  the wash room.  "Oh my goodness," immediately, the thought came over me, MY SON WASHES HIS HANDS AFTER HE GOES TO THE BATHROOM !!!








Child rearing -- Anecdotes
Dewey Class 818.5407

No comments:

Post a Comment