Friday, August 7, 2009

Creatures We Like / Creatures We Love

A Bug Taxi. A Short Story by Ann Marie Grumm, August 13, 2015
1:30 am. It sounded like the tea kettle was screaming. As I entered the kitchen, I saw the flame under the tea kettle wasn't on. It definitely sounded like a urgent alarm. Could it be coming from outside?
I checked the nearby cellar stairs for crickets, it sounded that close., it must be inside. All quiet in the basement. Indeed the noise was coming from above.
Once I opened the door of the toaster oven, the screeching stopped !! He's definitely in there !!! However . . . I needed urgently to get to my desination. This matter will have to wait. Leave the door open or close it? Better to close it !
Within minutes, I returned. Friend cricket was still quiet. Perhaps he knew he was found out and decided to seek shelter elsewhere, so be it.
Regardless, I transported the toaster oven to the dining room and set it down carefully. If he didn't already escape, perhaps now's his chance. Oh well. I continued the mission, despite decreasing odds.
I opened the sliding door (there was an earwig in the handle of the screen door!! eek !!!). Carefull lifting the toaster oven, i set it outside on the deck. I proceeded to empty the crumbs, which in the darkness looked like a million small creatures. Freaked out (again), I began to set the oven back down, but not before I let go of the sides, i saw friend cricket scurry between the slats of the deck.
Mission accomplished. Jayme be happy.
A Bug Taxi. A Short Story by Ann Marie Grumm, August 13, 2015



Note:  Jayme would get so mad when I threw the crickets outside (I would capture them in a container) but toss them out of the container and they'd hit the ground.  Jayme insisted that I was hurting them.


Note to self
we had a completely memorable experience with a cockroach (in its natural habitat!!) I've told it and retold it. . A cockroach story. It's such a Jayme Story.



When did I wtite this ????
Since venturing out on his own, Jayme is encountering even more creatures in the world. I am no longer hanging out with him, and we are not having these creature encounters together.


 meaningful and memorable


FUTURE STORIES TO BE recorded

THE COCKROACH STORY

A SLUG STORY

CRICKETS august 2015 !!!!

SNAKES

Pet ANOLES : Charmander

BABY WOOD DUCKS : Rosie and Josie

AN IGUANA STORY : Char

ROOF RATS

RED PANDA

BATS

ALL KINDS OF FISH

THE PRAYING MANTIS

WALKING STICKS

CATS ENCOUNTERS : Sam the cat's brother

DOG ENCOUNTERS : Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment